In the terms below Plenty of Kitchens & Bedrooms Ltd is called “the Company”, you are called “the Customer” or “You” or “Your” and the furniture that is subject to this agreement is called “the Goods”. The price agreed for the supply and fit of the Goods (as stated on the Proforma Quotation or as may be subsequently adjusted by agreement) is called “the Order Value”.
- In the interest of certainty all the terms of the agreement between the Customer and the Company should be contained in this quotation deposit document and specifications provided to the Customer (together they are called “the Agreement”).
- You have your statutory right to cancel the contract within 14 days of placing the order. If you wish to cancel this contract you must do so in writing and deliver personally or send to the below address. You can also do it by electronic mail.
Plenty of Kitchens and Bedrooms Ltd
84 Strathville Road, London SW18 4RB
Please note that with the exception of the cancellation rights set out in section 2 above You will not be entitled to cancel this agreement without being liable to pay the Company such compensation as it is entitled to by law including the costs of services and materials provided up to the date of cancellation. Please also note that the Company reserves the right to set off any deposit taken against such liability.
- The Company enters into the Agreement on the assumption that Your premises are free from damp, dry rot, infestation or collapse and are otherwise structurally suitable to accept the installation of the Goods, and that the necessary services are readily accessible. If you know or have reasonable cause to suspect that not to be the case, then you must tell us prior to signing the contract. Failure to do so may lead to termination of this Agreement and a claim of compensation against you in the event that the installation is not possible or impractical due to circumstances reasonably within your knowledge.
- The Company does all it reasonably can to ensure that the Order Value is accurately stated but You understand that the Goods are a made to measure product and that Your premises must be suitable for to accept installation of the Goods. The Company will therefore, within 14 days of your placed order, arrange for a Surveyor visit for the purposes of carrying out detailed measurements and to check suitability for installation. Please understand that the Surveyor is a technician trained and experienced in installation requirements, however he/she is not qualified to detect any latent defects or unusual structural problems, and will not carry out any opening or intrusive testing. If, following such an assessment, it becomes apparent that the installation has been under-priced due to a technical reason beyond the reasonable expectation of the agent or an inadvertent error in information provided by the Customer to the Company with regard to the premises then the Company will inform the Customer providing a full written explanation including a detailed price variation proposal.
- If at any time up until completion of the installation it becomes apparent that the installation is for any structural or technical reason impractical, then the Company will inform the Customer providing a full written explanation and wherever reasonably possible a detailed specification and price variation proposal and both parties will attempt to agree the same. In the event that either cannot be agreed, or in the event that the installation is not possible, then either party is entitled to terminate the Agreement whereupon any monies paid by the Customer will be refunded subject to a deduction for the reasonable costs of materials and services provided by the Company up to the point of termination.
- The Company may make minor modifications to the specifications for practical purposes provided that such modifications do not materially affect the standard, quality, appearance and/or design of the Goods.
- If for any reasons beyond the Company’s reasonable control, the Company is unable to supply a particular item of furniture within a reasonable period of time the Company will notify the Customer, and with the agreement of the Customer will replace it with an item of equal or superior standard, appearance and value.
- The Company will do all that it reasonably can to meet the date given for delivery and/or installation. However, in the case of circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Company, such as delays by third parties in the supply to the Company of bespoke products, the Company may not be able to do so. In such circumstances, the Company will contact the Customer and agree an alternative date. However, the Company shall not be liable for any losses caused by such delay.
- The Customer will also do all that she/he reasonably can to enable delivery and/or installation to take place on the given date. In the case of unforeseen circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Customer, the Customer may not be able to do so. In such circumstances the Customer will contact the Company as soon as is reasonably practicable and agree an alternative date. However, the Customer shall not be liable for any losses caused by the delay.
- The Company will ensure that the quality of the Goods supplied will be to a satisfactory standard and also that the Goods will be installed in the Customer’s home to a satisfactory standard using reasonable care and skills. However, the Company cannot take responsibility for any failure on the part of the Customer to take reasonable care of the Goods, including any failure to clean and maintain in accordance with any manufacturer’s recommendations.
- In addition to the Customers statutory rights, the Company provides certain guarantees in respect of the Goods, which come into effect on full payment of the Order Value and once the installation is complete.
- The Company shall not be liable for losses that were not foreseeable by both of the parties when this Agreement was signed or agreed obu email for losses not caused by the Company’s breach of this Agreement, or for any business losses including lost profits, loss of rental income, loss of opportunity or business interruption. The Customer should also note that in the event that the Company is in breach of its obligations under this Agreement, the Company shall not be liable for any loss of earnings unless there is a clear and provable connection between such breach and such loss.
- It is acknowledged by the Customer that the colour of natural wood products may fade or discolour over the time due to natural processes and the Company accepts no responsibility for such occurrence.
- The Customer agrees to give reasonable access to the premises in the purposes of delivery and/or installation or subsequent visits that may be necessary for completion of the installation and/or in relation to works required pursuant to any guarantee.
- The Company will leave the premises in a clean and tidy condition.
- The Customer understands and accepts that, despite all reasonable care being taken by the Company, the installation may cause damage to decoration. Redecoration following completion of the installation will be the Customers responsibility and is not included in the price. For the avoidance of doubt, this provision does not exclude the Company’s responsibility for damage which is beyond what is reasonably commensurate with the fitting of the bedroom in the usual way (for example, damage to other areas that of the premises where the Goods are not being fitted) or which has been caused by the negligence of the Company or its agents.
- The Customer agrees that there will be an available supply of electricity on the premises for the purpose of carrying out the installation and such services will be supplied at no cost to
- The Customer acknowledges the inevitability of some disruption in the use of the room whilst the Goods are being installed and whilst the Company cannot be liable for the same, reasonable steps to minimise such disruption will be taken.
- On delivery of the Goods to the Customer, the risk of any loss or damage transfers to the Customer because they will be in the Customer’s possession and control. However actual ownership of the Goods will only transfer to the Customer on full payment of the Order Value and, until such time, the Customer shall keep the Goods in good repair, condition and properly protected and insured. The Goods are not warranted or guaranteed until payment of the Order Value is made.
- The Company may be prepared to agree to certain changes to the original terms to this Agreement, but this will be on the understanding that it does infringe the Company’s full rights under the Agreement. If any changes are required and agreed, the Customer should ask the Company to put them in writing in order to avoid any uncertainty between the parties.
- Payment may be made by means of cash or bank transfer. The deposit of 50% is due on the day of placing the order. The final payment is due upon completion of the installation.